Who does not want shortcut methods?? Who does not want things to be done without much effort??
Well everybody does. Several tips have helped us get quick result with less effort. This page offers
you some of the tips related to kitchen,beauty etc which will be of great use to all you people.
Here are some of the general basic tips.
- Nail paint removers are the most handy things one can think of to get rid of certain stains.
It removes sticky layer caused by gum or any sticky material on plastics and metals. Also it removes ink on
plastics,metals.Just put a drop or two on a cotton piece and rub it gently over the effected area.
- To remove gum from garments,freeze the garment and then peel off the gum.
- Inks used in ink pens can be applied over burns to get immediate relief.
- To remove oil stains,rub the area with a piece of lime dipped in salt, and then wash with soap.
- To remove the smell in new plastic containers, stuff them with paper pieces before using.
- Lemon is the most used stain removal substance. It removes stain on clothes. You need to rub a sliced
lemon on stain and keep for sometime before washing with water.
- Old stains can be treated with a white vinegar solution.
- To prevent ants and termites from spoiling your books, sprinkle turmeric powder on them.
- To bring new shine to your jewellery, brush them gently with toothpaste.
- Silver ornaments can be polished with the ash obtained after burning incense sticks.
- Shampoos can be used in washing silk clothes instead of detergents.
- If doors and drawers do not open smoothly,rub a bit of soap over the hinges.
- Use bread or damp cotton wool to pick up the fragments of broken glass safely.
- Salt is an excellent cleaning agent,by itself or in combination with other substances.
- A paste of salt and vinegar cleans tarnished brass or copper.
- A strong brine can be poured down the kitchen sink to prevent grease from collecting.
- Use a wet cloth sprinkled with a little salt to clean aluminium window frames and they will sparkle.
- A solution of salt and turpentine restores whiteness to yellowed enamelled bathtubs and lavatories.
- Wine stains can be easily removed by salt.
- It is a natural ingredient that whitens teeth.
To become a cooking expert, it is not enough if one cooks delicious food. One should be a smart cook.
Here are some tips to be used in kitchen which have been proved very helpful indeed.
- To preserve the freshness of leafy vegetables, wrap them first in paper and then keep them in refrigerator.
- If you want curds to have a good thick texture even after one day, add 1/2 tablespoon of corn flour to one cup of curds.
- For the faster cooking of dals, soak in water for half an hour before cooking.
- Brush a little oil over cheese grater before grating , to avoid cheese from sticking to the grater.
- No more tears when chopping onions if you dip them in water for 10 mins before chopping.
- To avoid lemon from turning black and losing its freshness, you can keep it in a container of salt.
- To remove rust stains on kitchen counter tops, wipe the area with lemon juice
- Put ground lemon peels to remove bad odour from kitchen garbage disposal bin.
- To prevent batter from going sour add a pinch of sugar or a piece of jaggery.
- For an ant free kitchen, salt and turmeric powder can be sprinkled.
- Dried red chilly when placed inside container of flour,can avoid insect attack.
- When cooking to keep vegetables intact and prevent over cooking add a piece of jaggery.
- Keep raw meats and poultry in covered containers away in one place,preferably at the bottom of the fridge.
- Wash dishclothes regularly as they are the most lethal carriers of germs.
- Eggs can be kept fresh also by immersing them fully in lime water.
- Add a pinch of raw rice to table salt to prevent it from getting soggy.
- Place a few bay leaves in kitchen drawers to keep insects away.
- To keep peppers fresh,remove the stalks and store.
- When freezing liquids,leave half an inch of head space at the top of container to allow for expansion.
- After frying,place the fried items on the bread pieces to absorb extra oil from them.
- To clean kitchen appliances and stainless steel kitchen sinks,use club soda.
Content by: Mithila